Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Olympic Discovery Trail

This is a trail that will one day, go over 100 miles, from La Push to Port Townsand. The "you are here" arrow points to trail head, from where I went, with my Father. We then headed West a couple of miles and turned around and walked back. My Father took all the pictures on this trip.

4 miles to Port Angeles, 14 to Sequim from this trail head.

 The trail, was an old railroad, that is now seeing a new use. 




























So we started, buy walking across the old trestle.













And over Morris Creek.














Onto a fully paved trail with a  gentle down grade.













The trial opens up and turns to the west as we come to the waters edge.













A few people on foot. Most were on bikes. The trial follows the waters edge the rest of the way down.





Some cool pics along the way.....................                                                      












My Dad also had fun taking pics of flowers he found. I was surprised to see how many different flowers there was. This is just a few of them...............

 There are so many stages of a flowers life  represented in this one picture......Kind of cool.









 Life among the dead.






















 We were walking along and I noticed some kelp beds in the water and was telling my Dad "I wonder if there are any Otters out there. I really like them." not but right after I said that, we looked up and saw an Otter right on the trail in front of us! Dad got as close as he could to take a picture before he took off.

 As we were walking along, with Dad telling me some of his favorite jokes of all time, we saw a large rock, that looked to me quite peculiar. Although we were laughing, I don't think the people that lost that rock was.

It was a nice time for sure.
It got me thinking that I want to plan to camp at Sequim Bay State Park and ride my bike to "the hook" and back and have a camp fire and relax afterword (hopefully in pain and very tired). I hope to be posting that trip soon.

2 comments:

  1. thats funny to see a motor on the beach (its not like it washed to shore?) maybe they used it as a anchor. BTW aren't you suppose to do the whole trail for the review (wus) JK, will like to see the rest when you take your bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had other things to do that day. It was just a taste. I hope to do the whole trail real soon. Thank you and I look forward to sharing it with you in it's entirety.

    ReplyDelete